Help with English

Ruzsa Ferenc ferenc.ruzsa at ELTE.HU
Mon May 21 11:51:06 UTC 2007


Could some of you help me finding a proper English equivalent for the name of the institution where I teach? (Right now we have no native speakers around.)
In Hungarian it is "A Tan Kapuja Buddhista Főiskola", literally "The Gate of the Teaching Buddhist College".
Stylistic intuitions differ; some suggestions proposed were "Gate of the Dharma", "Dharma Gate", "Gate to Dharma" (and perhaps "Budapest Buddhist University" added). 

Thank you for your suggestions,
Ferenc Ruzsa, PhD
associate professor of philosophy
Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
e-mail: ferenc.ruzsa at

More information about the INDOLOGY mailing list