Sanskrit Software

Michael Zimmermann Michael.Zimmermann at UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Sat Dec 15 19:53:14 UTC 2007

 Hello, you might want to try IndoLipi (freeware) which offers:

 Open Type fonts for almost all Indian scripts,
 a Latin font for "instant" transliteration of Indic scripts,
 a Unicode based Latin font for writing of scientific texts in a western
language containing all transliteration signs used by indologists as well as
all presently valid IPA signs (this font is also Open Type regarding exact
positioning of IPA diacritics),
 western (English and German) keyboard layouts for Indic scripts for users who
find it difficult to use Indian keyboard layouts,
 an MS Word template with helpful macros for easy use of OT fonts and for
transliteration into Latin script.

Download from:
(http://www.uni-hamburg.de/Wiss/FB/10/IndienS/Kniprath/INDOLIPI/Indolipi.htm)

 Michael

--
Michael Zimmermann
Universität Hamburg, Asien-Afrika-Institut