Sanskrit Software

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Sat Dec 15 23:43:12 UTC 2007

I have used TeX since the mid-1980s for all my writing, and I've found it
excellent.  I like a system whose author guarantees that it will never be
upgraded, and who will send you a cheque if you find a bug.

The next release of MikTeX (already out in a late beta) includes Xetex, a
fully Unicode-compliant variant of TeX.  Xetex has been available on Macs
for some time, and people like it.  It allows you to write in any Unicode
script and font, like Devanagari, Cyrillic and Arabic, all in one
document, seeing the stuff correctly as you write it, and then having it
beautifully typeset by TeX for printing or typesetting.  Oh, and of course
it's all free, as usual for TeX-related software.

   http://miktex.org/
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XeTeX
   http://scripts.sil.org/xetex

--