dhava/dhavI

Himal Trikha himal.trikha at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Fri Aug 24 15:10:32 UTC 2007

Dear Arlo Griffiths,

thank you very much indeed for your reference which supports the
assumption, that the picture of something climbing up a tree is involved
here (if dhavI is dhava and not a corruption of something else like
padavI, as Ashok Aklujkar suggested).
Still: the dhava in the LAkSAsUkta is mentioned as a tree amongst
others. The plant I am looking for has to be a very prominent one, a
vanaspati, or one that is extraordinary auspicious and hard to reach, as
the goals of the anekAntazAsana in Vidyanandins eyes excel those of
every other doctrine.

Thanks again

Himal Trikha