Critical Edition of Bhagavata Purana

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Oct 3 16:39:29 UTC 2006

It is depressing to learn of the problems mentioned
in Dominik's last posting. Does anyone know
of Sanskrit publishers and distributers (besides the Harvard Oriental
Series....!) who are assuredly 100% nirmala when it comes to far
right ideologies?

Unfortunately, Sanskrit itself is a theatre in the current ideological
war. I fear that many of us who love the language and aspects
of the culture it embodies may find ourselves imbricated in
various insidious ways in battles we never bargained for.

Matthew Kapstein