Times CSX Font

David Rustin Mellins drm8 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Fri Jun 23 18:35:11 UTC 2006

Dear Members

Sorry to flood the list with yet another dreary font inquiry, but I
have struggled with this difficulty for a long time to no avail.
When I wrote my dissertation, I used a Times CSX font (Version:
Altsys Fotographer 4.0 , dated 26/6/97 - URW Software 1994) for
diacritics. The operating system on my computer was Microsoft XP,
version 2002, and my word processing program was Microsoft Word
2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1). For some reason, when I install these
original CSX fonts on Windows based computers with more
contemporary versions of XP and Word and try to open files my
dissertatio, the more contemporary systems to not elicit the full
range of diacritics.

Has anybody successfuly negotiated this difficult? Thank in advance
for any hopeful recommendations. I will need to send this document
to the publisher soon, and dread having to retype all these
diacritics in a different unicode complian font.

                            David Mellins