Ganapati query and call for interns

John Huntington huntington.2 at OSU.EDU
Mon Apr 11 21:42:02 UTC 2005

>Hello.  Can anyone point me to some books or articles discussing
>Ganesha as depicted/worshiped in Buddhist traditions?  I know Ruegg
>has done a little work on the subject but wasn't sure what else to
>suggest to this person.
>Thanks,
>Joel Bordeaux, Columbia

There is a fairly extensive article on Ganesh in the Buddhist context
in Dina Bangdel's and my  Circle of Bliss: Buddhist Meditational Art
catalogue (catalogue entry no.152 or nearby).

I have forwarded your request for interns to two people I know in New
York, both of whom are very good young photographers.

John