Ganapati query and call for interns

Patrick Olivelle jpo at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Apr 11 21:41:04 UTC 2005

I think Edmund Leach wrote a book (or was it an article) on this
topic -- but specifically on Ganesha in Sri Lanka. And Gananath
Obeyesekere also has written on this, critiquing Leach on some
points. I don't have the biblio on these right now, but one should be
able to Google them.

Patrick