Garuda and Nagas

Valerie J Roebuck vjroebuck at MACUNLIMITED.NET
Thu Mar 13 07:21:25 UTC 2003

Surely it also has a considerable basis in natural history?  There
are numerous birds of prey that eat snakes, and many snakes that eat
birds or their eggs. I remember seeing a sequence of photographs in a
wildlife book recording a ferocious battle between an eagle owl (a
very Garuda-like bird) and a venomous snake.  On this occasion the
bird won, but apparently it is not always so.

Valerie J Roebuck
Manchester, UK