pancakanya

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Thu Feb 13 10:46:01 UTC 2003

The verse I have in front of me goes like:

karko.takasya naagasya damayantyaa nalasya ca /
.rtupar.nasya raajar.se.h kiirtanam kalinaazanam //

This is one of the many verses included under Praata.hsmara.na (p. 14), booklet titled Praata.hsmara.na, ed by J. B. Kesharkar, 5th edition, 1936, Pune.

The same booklet also contains (p. 15):

ahalyaa draupadii siitaa taaraa mandodarii tathaa /
pancakanyaa.h smaren nityam mahaapaatakanaazanam //

Also of interest may be the following verse (p. 13):

pu.nyazloko nalo raajaa pu.nyazloko yudhi.s.thira.h /
pu.nyazlokaa ca vaidehii pu.nyazloko janaardana.h //

                                                                        Madhav Deshpande