Missing the Point of the Many Masks [was: dvija varNa]

Bob Peck rpeck at NECA.COM
Fri Mar 2 14:14:29 UTC 2001

>Bhadraiah wrote..
>>As an example, Matthew 6:6 becomes an Eastern sadhana on the power in >the
>>lower ‘heart’ or gut.
>
>Matthew 6.6 works on the gut, but I think it is not direct. It first
prompts
>us to get into our shells and be what we really are, then springs a
surprise
>by offering the whole wide world; >.......
>So my conclusion is, it works on head and liberates it first, and the
>liberated head will now lead the whole body. Count me out of the regular
>gang of head and ego bashing philosophers (east and west).

Sadhanas seem to me to be equivalent to exercise, eating and sleeping. I
agree the head leads and the ego is essential, but it is not the process nor
the end. When life is fully experienced, ego and conscious thought drop away
and only the process remains which is very wholistic and everything then
becomesis a tool as you write.

>Either there are no tools for liberation or everything is a tool; you can't
>have some tools like heart etc excluding head/ego.

You do need special tools to step into the game of life or to change it do
you not?

>The above argument also explains my position on tantra etc: Even the
weakest
>person on the the earth has enough supply of the so called "kundalini" etc.

The average person only has kundalini if there is a real need for it. A
little lady lifts a car to free a child using kundalini, yes? You however,
cannot lift a car (I assume), but you could develop your strength to be able
to do so, but then you need to find a car that needs to be lifted.

>Research is fine, but there is no need to raise the supply as tantrics want
>it. The problem is mismanagement of demand which is controlled by head/ego.
>The way to handle them is by training the head in leadership which prompts
>renunciation, thereby managing the demand.

Again what about the unplanned? The emergencies? The challenges? What if
there is something beyond your present comprehension and wisdom?

regards
Bob Peck
rpeck at neca.com