Missing the Point of the Many Masks [was: dvija varNa]

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 3 09:44:26 UTC 2001

>Bob Peck wrote wrote..
>When life is fully experienced, ego and conscious thought drop away
>and only the process remains which is very wholistic and everything >then
>becomesis a tool as you write.

We are just taking sides to explain a point here, I don't mean either of us
are for or against anything (head etc). :) I am only addressing the popular
rhetoric.

The argument about ego dropping off is well known, but you should know I am
the Johny Cochran of "ego". :-) Another way of looking at it is, in my view
the ego will simply grow bigger, stronger and wider in scope. The concept "I
am Bhadraiah" will one day hopefully become "I am viSNu". viSNu also has an
ego (self concept)! At the end, the "process" (yajna) will go also away.

>>Research is fine, but there is no need to raise the supply as >>tantrics
>>want it. The problem is mismanagement of demand which is >>controlled by
>>head/ego. The way to handle them is by training the >>head in leadership
>>which prompts renunciation, thereby managing the >>demand.
>Again what about the unplanned? The emergencies? The challenges? What >if
>there is something beyond your present comprehension and wisdom?

Each one of the eternal symbols is directly born of the unknown, so facing
the unknown is never a problem for any of them. indra went to the farthest
distance to chase vRtra accompanied by maruts when no other gods (including
rudra and viSNu) dared to join him. Intellgence, leadership or other
qualities of the head have no limits either. I don't deny limits are
observed in lab, but this is because agni gets his first portion of soma
before indra.

Back to distortions, I see none in original texts because nobody understood
them anyway. Even in later texts there are no distortions in general, other
than those created by (deep)sleep walkers; but we have to be specific here.

Regards
Bhadraiah
http://homes.acmecity.com/friends/harmonica/301

yahoogroup.....