Did you hear this?

Aditya, the Cheerful Hindu Skeptic a018967t at BC.SEFLIN.ORG
Tue Jan 30 13:13:49 UTC 2001

Arun Gupta <suvidya at OPTONLINE.NET> has written as follows:

>I'm also told that the Bhagavad Gita is extremely popular at one of the
>Indian Institutes of Management.
You are confused about the issue.
Gita is a religious text regardless of which language it is written and has
no place in secular studies any where.

>Horror of horrors !  How can this be permitted ? The Gita isn't used at
>Wharton or at Stanford.  Only Indologists and descendants of the flower
>children pay any attention to that primitive superstitious book.  Quick, let
>us find a Times of India correspondent to write about it.  We should point
>out that IIM using the Gita is antiquated, irrelevant, anti-secular, anti-
>Muslim, Hindu revivalist, caste-ist, fascist.
You are unwittingly  right so far but no more in the next sentence.
>The Gita is written in a dead
>language which no respectable person should want to learn. A few sneers will
>help.

Have a peaceful and joyous day.
Aditya Mishra
Primary email: a018967t at bc.seflin.org
Primary homepage: http://www.pompano.net/~aditya
ICQ # 1131674 Phone #: (954)746-0442  Fax # (209)315-8571
Random thought of the day:
        4th Rule of Bureaucracy: Information deteriorates upward.