Manjushree CSX

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Wed Jan 10 02:39:25 UTC 2001

As the creator of Manjushree CSX, I can say that its Windows version
pretty much follows the ascii locations used in CSX fonts, with one or to
minor differences, which I cannot recollect at this point.  I believe
ascii 160 could not be shown in MS Word and the character assigned to it
had to be assigned to a different ascii code.  The Mac version of
Manjushree CSX is somewhat different from the Windows version in that it
also makes use of the so-called upper ascii numbers, i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
15, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29.  These codes can be use for
characters on MS Word on Mac, but not on Windows.  The Mac version of
Manjushree CSX uses these codes for showing vowels with combinations of
accents, length, and nasality.  These are useful for special purposes, but
are not included in the old standard CSX coding.  I have used these for
some of my publications on Panini and the Pratisakhyas.  I hope this
explains the nature of this font.  Best,
                                        Madhav Deshpande