Manjushree CSX

Wed Jan 10 07:27:14 UTC 2001

>If I am not correct, then is there a more basic problem with cross-platform
>(Mac ==> PC) compatability of the Manjushree CSX font? Even using the most
>advanced of conversion utilities, I can find no means to preserve CSX
>(ascii) character locations for documents encoded in Mac word processors
>with the manjushree font.

It seems to be a Mac non-compatibility issue. I have encountered
it when going across platforms happens with John Smith's Times
CSX+ fonts too. There are Mac and PC fonts, but text encoded
on a Mac will not get mapped properly when viewed on PCs, and
vice versa. The problem seems to lie with the fact that the Mac
systems assign the characters to non-standard locations. I don't
know if the newer Mac OS's take care of this.

The only solution lies in a utility that takes text encoded on
one type of machine and goes through a reassigning process for
the other. If well written, such a thing should work for every
font that strictly follows the CSX standards, irrespective of
who developed the font. I haven't found any such thing yet.

Best,
Vidyasankar