Horseplay in Harappa

Arun Gupta suvidya at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Fri Sep 29 14:54:49 UTC 2000

Dear Professor Farmer :

I notice that you call Romila Thapar an eminent Indian historian on your
web-page.

Romila Thapar along with other JNU historians issued a statement about a
decade ago, regarding the Babri Masjid dispute. In that statement they cite
the Babarnamah as evidence that Babur did not demolish any temple in
Ayodhya.  What they failed to mention was that there is a break in Babur's
diary, pages are missing.  On April 2nd, 1528 we have Babur in and around
Ayodhya.  His account for April 2 is incomplete.  The diary resumes from
Sep. 18, 1528.  These facts are very clear in the Beveridge translation of
Babarnamah that these historians cited.

In my opinion, the mendacity of that statement and its consequences are as
great as that of Rajaram's horse-seal. The statement was issued with an
intent to mislead the public.

-arun gupta