Analogies,valid and invalid (was Re: Scenario of language replacement)

Fri Nov 10 19:48:38 UTC 2000

>Dear Vidyasankar,
>
>I think we would all like to see more rigour in the discussion.  To
>that end, please do the following: instead of making vague, sweeping
>assertions ("Indologists vehemently claim...", "it is said that...",
>etc), please cite references to specific writings by specific

Check the archives, there are tons of material. Re: flogging
dead horses, read the Frontline issue dated October 13, 2000.
I thought this should be obvious to anybody on this list, and
in the interests of brevity, didn't provide a long list of