Analogies,valid and invalid (was Re: Scenario of language replacement)

rohan.oberoi at CORNELL.EDU rohan.oberoi at CORNELL.EDU
Fri Nov 10 13:50:03 UTC 2000

Dear Vidyasankar,

I think we would all like to see more rigour in the discussion.  To
that end, please do the following: instead of making vague, sweeping
assertions ("Indologists vehemently claim...", "it is said that...",
etc), please cite references to specific writings by specific
Indologists who make the claims you are talking about, so that those
comments can be directly discussed on their own merits.

Vague generalisations vitiate both the atmosphere and the rigour of a
discussion.

Regards,
Rohan.