Munda, Dravidian, etc.

Raveen Satkurunathan tawady at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 23 15:57:11 UTC 2000

>>>Dravidian linguistics
>>>and philology are nascent fields, not any Professorships at all!
>>>Academic dravidology is miniscule compared to well entrenched
>>>IA/IE studies.

>Each new Drav. (and Munda) chair matters a  lot to the whole field.

>Munda linguistics is even worse off.

I agree with Dr. Witzel further the relationship between Munda and
Dravidian is not clearly studied either. What would be ground breaking “one
of a kind” study would be to investigate the so-called Munda substratum of
Dravidian languages like Tamil and Telugu.