Mushtanda; and Bharat

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at GMX.LI
Mon Mar 20 20:05:20 UTC 2000

Am Sun, 19 Mar 2000 schrieb Vishal Agarwal:

> Dr. Zydenbos responded:
> Of course. Start with the fact that "Europa" is an ancient Greek name,
> [...]

> VA comments: Of course I am aware of the antiquity of the term 'europa'.
> However, I suggest that you read the book by Radha Kumud Mukherjee and then
> prove whether the concept of Europa is as well defined and comprehensive as
> the concept of Bharat in the Puranas.

Who cares? Quite frankly, I don't. If anyone is interested in proving such a
vague and useless matter, let them do so, but I have other things to do.
And I repeat that this whole issue is beside any point I was making.

> I repeat again that the concept of nation state is rather modern.

I never denied that. It is also immaterial to the discussion.

"India" can have many meanings, depending on the context (e.g., the time
about which we are speaking). If you insist on interpreting my use of "India"
as "the modern nation-state known since 1947 as India, also as Bhaarata",
then this is a one-sided interpretation and an irrelevant deviation from the
discussion.

RZ