A plea for respect and decency

Raveen Satkurunathan tawady at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 20 20:20:51 UTC 2000

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:26:52 -0500, Chris Wallis <cw002g at MAIL.ROCHESTER.EDU> wrote:

>> Sorry for getting off topic again, I consider this "ignorance" (?). Inner city
>> schools are more or less homogenous minority dominated; the "racial" problems
>> are in “transitional” neighborhoods and suburbs where the minorities are
moving
>> into.
>
>Could anyone possibly miss the point more completely, please? ;]
>C.W.

Here we go again, inner city in the US is a euphemism for crime, non-Anglo culture,
poverty etc and is a stereotypical term with negative connotations. If you say
inner cities schools are full of racial tension then you are misinforming the
world regarding what is really going on in the US. It is the suburban schools,
which have racial tension that too directed against the minorities who are
moving into the suburbs. Sorry guys :-) again!!

End