A plea for respect and decency

Raveen Satkurunathan tawady at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 20 17:03:18 UTC 2000

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:40:59 -0800, Paul Kekai Manansala <kekai at JPS.NET> wrote:

>Chris Wallis wrote:

>> Because inner-city schools display the racial and cultural tensions that
>> we see exhibited on the list.
>> C.W.

Sorry for getting off topic again, I consider this "ignorance" (?). Inner city
schools are more or less homogenous minority dominated; the "racial" problems
are in “transitional” neighborhoods and suburbs where the minorities are moving
into.

Yes there are problems in inner city schools but the core issue there is
structural poverty which leads to crime and related problems NOT racism.

I will respond to this thread anymore.Thanks for your patience.