Source of quotation

NAYAK Anand anand.nayak at UNIFR.CH
Tue Mar 14 15:52:55 UTC 2000

Dear Sergei Tawaststjerna

        "vAN me manasi pratiSThitA, mano me vAci pratiSThitam"
appears in the shanti-patha of the aitareya upanishad. It is also the same
shantipatha used in some other upanishads. It is just the first verse. Hope
you have the whole text. Several modern editions of the upanishads drop the
shanti pathas. I have here an India sanskrit edition of the Samskrit
samsthana " 108 upanishad ". All the best. A. Nayak

Sarvesham svastirbhavatu        May all be prosperous
sarvesham santirbhavatu         May all be  peaceful
sarvesham purnambhavatu         May all be whole
sarvesam mangalambhavatu        May all be happy

INSTITUT DE MISSIOLOGIE ET DE SCIENCE DES RELIGIONS
INSTITUT FUER MISSIONS- UND RELIGIONSWISSENSCHAFTEN
Université de Fribourg
Avenue de l'Europe 20
CH-1700 Fribourg
Tel:    026/ 300 74 38 (Office)