Adhikaara [was SV: River Sarasvati: Atomic scientists reconfirm location]

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Mar 8 19:20:18 UTC 2000

The point, for those able to think straight, is a simple one: Classical
Indian Studies is a professional field with a long history and its own
literature of scholarly journals, monograph publications, conferences, and
whatnot.

It takes many years of study to qualify as a university teacher or
researcher in this field.

The INDOLOGY list was designed from the beginning to serve this community.
This is made very clear in the rules and regulations posted on the
INDOLOGY website five years ago, and in the early postings to the list ten
years ago.  This has been repeated often.

Anyone qualified in this way, who participates professionally in the field
of Classical Indian Studies, attends conferences, writes books and
articles, etc., is welcome to participate in the discussion on this list.
Others with an amateur interest in Indian cultural history are welcome to
lurk, but are not encouraged to participate volubly.

That's the setup as far as this list is concerned.  I warmly encourage
people not interested in this list's profile to unsubscribe.

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.

[I am away from my desk from now until next week.]