River Sarasvati: Atomic scientists reconfirm location

John Smith jds10 at CAM.AC.UK
Wed Mar 8 14:47:23 UTC 2000

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Tarek Wani wrote:

> Dominik Wujastyk <ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK> wrote:
>
> >I'm afraid that I neither trust nor believe anything said by atomic
> >scientists about humanistic subjects (or most other subjects).  Let's try
> >to keep this list scholarly, shall we!
> Is it too much to ask to keep racial prejudices and
> hate-mongering out of this list?

Bizarre. I might not agree with what Dominik wrote, but I can see no trace
whatever of racial prejudice or hate-mongering in it.

I don't think I can be bothered to subscribe to Indology any more: with
honourable exceptions -- including many Indian contributors, but not
including Tarek Wani -- it has degenerated into an endless sequence of
flamewars on topics that are of little interest to me as a fairly
mainstream Indologist with interests in both ancient and modern India.
What a pity.

John Smith

Dr J. D. Smith                *  jds10 at cam.ac.uk
Faculty of Oriental Studies   *  Tel. 01223 335140 (Switchboard 01223 335106)
Sidgwick Avenue               *  Fax  01223 335110
Cambridge CB3 9DA             *  http://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk/index.html