River Sarasvati: Atomic scientists reconfirm location

Tarek Wani tarekwani at USA.COM
Wed Mar 8 14:27:17 UTC 2000

Dominik Wujastyk <ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK> wrote:

>I'm afraid that I neither trust nor believe anything said by atomic
>scientists about humanistic subjects (or most other subjects).  Let's try
>to keep this list scholarly, shall we!

Although Mr Wujastyk is entitled to his opinion,
it is unreasonable to dismiss work by others
that does not belong to one's area of expertise without
reading it. The ad hominem attacks on work coming out
of India, without looking at the evidence, takes us
back to the attitudes of the colonial period.

Is it too much to ask to keep racial prejudices and
hate-mongering out of this list?

-TW