River Sarasvati: Atomic scientists reconfirm location

Sam Garg gargsam at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 8 16:09:14 UTC 2000

As an Indology layperson, who has recently subscribed to the list, I find
myself in agreement with John Smith.  I do not see any hate mongering or
racial prejudice in the statement made by Dominik Wujastyk.  I think we
should err on the side of caution in the Saraswati debate.

I do wish to make the point, though, that Indian scientists/ philosophers
tend, much more than their counterparts in the West, to overlap with
'religion'.  Presumably, this is because there is not the fundamental divide
between science vs. religion in Hinduism. In fact, 'rational learning'
(Gnyana) is considered one of the paths to the 'ultimate truth'.