Indian police training

Atimidus Atimidus at PRONTO.BBT.SE
Fri Mar 3 03:47:00 UTC 2000

Greeting to everyone.

I am giving a course on International methods of law and order defense.
There are topics in the course like specifics of police training, prison
organization, crime punishment and  prevention in different countries. I am
interested is there any historical ethic or philosophical background in the
way Indian police is trained (ksatriya mood, dharma rules, etc)? I have
heard of the case, when Indian justice proved the Deity as the legal
proprietor of the land, so there might be some pecularities in the law and
order defense also. If you have any kind of the material, bibliography, I
would be gratefuful fro your reply. I have taken already some information on
internet, but it's scarce.

Best regards,
Alexey Timoschuk
Vladimir Institute of Law