center of being

John Robert Gardner jrgardn at EMORY.EDU
Wed Mar 1 14:57:38 UTC 2000

I could also add there is a cursory survey of the uses of -man with
brahman in the early and late RV, discussed in my dissertation, online at
http://vedavid.org/diss/,  use the pull-down menu top left to select
chapter four (4), then 5, and on the right, after selecting 4 or five,
choose the section on mental faculties.  It is brief, but juxtaposes -man,
-cit, and dhii viz. brahman.

Per MW, definitely, a detailed study is warranted!

jr

John Robert Gardner
ATLA-CERTR
Emory University
http://vedavid.org/diss/
"If there is something you're thinking of doing, or wish you could do,
begin it.  In boldness there is mystery and power . . . . "  -Goethe