Madhava, Vidyaranya, Sringeri, and Kulke

nanda chandran vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 19 22:14:39 UTC 2000

>I have kept the really vitriolic publications by partisans of both >Mathas
>out of my list. Note also the sweeping comments by one list->member, who
>was thoroughly confused between Madhva and Madhava, just >about a month
>ago, and on this very list.

What! Now it's me who's responsible for your smear campaign against the
KAnchi matham? I've at the most written probably a couple of mails on this
issue against the years of such work you've been doing on the same subject.
And I've nothing against any of the mathams and my family reveres the
AchAryas of all the mathams. Infact my father's direct grand uncle was a
former ShankarAchArya of Puri and my family makes regular trips to
Shringeri.

It is just that I was terribly irritated by your constant diatribe against
the KAnchi matham. And contrary to your allegations, my questions were
basically logical ones and not taken off any KAnchi matham publication.
Actually till date I've never read any of their publications.

And I hardly have any confusion about Madhva the dvaitin and Madhava the
advaitin. It's just that somebody replied to my post about the latter, with
a reference to the former. I thought the person was mistaken and in that
process I made a mistake. Anyway, what's that got to do with you trying to
undermine the KAnchi matham?

>I suppose the yathArtha-vAdi really is a bahujana-virodhI.

Yeah, yeah, whatever I may be, you can atleast be man enough to stand up for
your actions instead of blaming somebody else for it.