Madhava, Vidyaranya, Sringeri, and Kulke

Sun Jun 18 11:24:03 UTC 2000

Srini Pichumani <srini_pichumani at MENTORG.COM> wrote:

> > <http://www.its.caltech.edu/~vidya/mathas.html>.
>
>In the diatribe pointed to here,  the angst expressed at the ex-President
>of
>India R.Venkataraman possibly heading the consitution review panel could be
>deleted,  given that ex-Justice Venkatachaliah is now heading the panel.

Done. Thanks for the update. Mea culpa. I was relying on my memory of old
information.

But seriously, Srini, it is my turn to be disappointed, just a little, in
the word you choose to describe what is essentially an issue-based set of
questions. Please also do check some of the books I listed earlier, although
I have kept the really vitriolic publications by partisans of both Mathas
out of my list. Note also the sweeping comments by one list-member, who was
thoroughly confused between Madhva and Madhava, just about a month ago, and
on this very list. I suppose the yathArtha-vAdi really is a
bahujana-virodhI.

Vidyasankar