Typographical error in the Bhagavad-Gita?

Martin Gansten Martin.Gansten at TEOL.LU.SE
Fri Jan 7 11:37:19 UTC 2000

>If the verse in question is not an error, then a curious question
>arises.
>
>Must women either reincarnate as brahmin/ksatriya men or master yoga to
>achieve liberation?

If the verse in question is actually read, this question does not arise at
all -- at least not as long as we stay within the soteriological framework
of the Bhagavadgita. Women are assured of liberation (paraa.m gatim) on the
condition that they take refuge (vyapaazritya) in Krishna.
Brahmin/kshatriya men are not promised liberation on any different terms;
the process is merely considered easier for them (ki.m punar braahma.naa.h,
etc).

Regards,
Martin Gansten