Typographical error in the Bhagavad-Gita?

Paul Kekai Manansala kekai at JPS.NET
Wed Jan 5 20:24:31 UTC 2000

> Ravi Chawla wrote:

>   In my opinion, the Westerner Sanskrit scholars did not catch the
> mistake because they did not want to interfere with the original texts
> of the Hindus.

With all respect, I don't know how in the world you came to this
conclusion, Ravi!

You're too kind.  If indeed this instance has not been noted before, it
may be that it simply was not noticed. After all, Western and Indian
scholars are only human.

That would give the honor of discovery to you.  And your arguments
appear very sound. Are there any examples of this grouping of women,
vaisyas and sudras in pre-Gita texts?

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala

--