Violence, 'threats to culture', etc.

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Fri Dec 15 08:51:10 UTC 2000

No, I'm sorry Raman, but you are wrong on one point.

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, V.V. Raman wrote:
> 1. The Indology group was formed by <ivory-tower> scholars  [...]

This forum was founded by me, Dominik, personally, by myself.  If people
have criticisms or comments about the founding orientation and management
of the list, then they all lie at my door.  Because I founded this forum,
I take a high-handed and dirigiste attitude to its management and
direction (when I have time).

Nowadays it is trivially easy to found a listserv group (which was not the
case a decade ago, incidentally), so anyone who doesn't like the
orientation of this list can so very easily go elsewhere for more
congenial conversation.

I have no quibble with the remainder of your remarks.

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.