Questions about non-Tamil Jain, Buddhist and Ajivika beliefs

Richard B Mahoney rbm49 at STUDENT.CANTERBURY.AC.NZ
Wed Dec 6 06:06:46 UTC 2000

For the attitudes of early Jains on some of these issues, one would do
well to read:

  Johnson, W. J. _Harmless Souls: Karmic Bondage and Religious Change
  in Early Jainism with special reference to Umasvati and Kundakunda_
  (Delhi: Motilal Banarsidass, 1995)

This is still available from MB.

Another work which is especially valuable is:

 Shah, N. J., ed., _Jaina Philosophy and Religion [English trans. of
 Jaina Darshana by Muni Shri Nyayavijayaji_ (Delhi: Bhogilal Lehar
 Chand Institute of Indology & Mahattara Sadhvi Shree Mrigavatiji
 Foundation, 1998)

This is also still available from MB.

Hope this is of some assistance,

 Richard Mahoney

--
end
Richard Mahoney                              Telephone: +64-3-351-5831
NEW ZEALAND                          mailto:rbm49 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz