Questions about non-Tamil Jain, Buddhist and Ajivika beliefs

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan Palaniappa at AOL.COM
Wed Dec 6 04:37:43 UTC 2000

In a message dated 12/5/2000 7:59:38 PM Central Standard Time,
malaiya at CS.COLOSTATE.EDU writes:

> The main difference between Jainism and Buddhism was that Buddhism, while
>  it did opposed killing of animals, did not oppose eating of meat.

I am interested in what the Jain and Buddhist scriptures say regarding the
rebirth of butchers, hunters, courtesans, and priests who sacrifice animals.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
S. Palaniappan