Kanchi Shankara Mutt

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan Palaniappa at AOL.COM
Thu Aug 24 05:16:34 UTC 2000

In a message dated 8/23/2000 1:01:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
sivabgs at YAHOO.COM writes:

> During 1801, Serfoji II had performed Kanakaabhishekam to Mahadevendra
>  Saraswathi IV at Kumbhakonam. His son SivajiII performed Kanakabhishekam to
>  Chandrasekharendra saraswathi V during 1833,1842 and 1850 at Kumbhakonam
>  and Tanjore.We could not find any record during Amarsingh's period.

Does this mean that from Pratapasimha onwards Sankaracharya of
Kanchi/Kumbhakonam was the spiritual guru of the Maratha rulers of Tanjore?
Thanks in advance.

Regards
S. Palaniappan