SV: Witzels's scholarly translations

Subrahmanya S. subrahmanyas at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 14 13:06:53 UTC 2000

>From: Michael Witzel <witzel at FAS.HARVARD.EDU>
>
>May Sarasvati --the goddess--  help India!

IMHO, it is you who definitely needs Sarasvati's help, since you
have indulged in mistranslations to prop up your europeanist dogma.

It is important to note that one of these self styled
'objective scholars' had the integrity to come forward and point out
your mistakes. Wheras, they had no problem with criticizing  Rajaram.

Considering the fact that you have boasted
"If we can write Vedic texts that well, we can also translate theem".
It was left to S.Talageri to expose your machinations.

It seems to me that the entrenched good old boy network chose to
circle its wagons like the mighty IE's of yore.

Refreshingly, a couple of open-minded academics - whose
commitment to truth is probably higher, have chosen
to point out the truth.

Regards,
Subrahmanya