Indologist's India

Harsha V. Dehejia hdehejia at CCS.CARLETON.CA
Tue Aug 8 15:14:47 UTC 2000

Himangshu Dave is right in saying that we seem to study our nigamas from
western eyes. For they, and western trained Indologists, stayed away from
folk and tribal art and culture. Unless one immerses oneself in agamic art
and culture one will remain detached and distanced from the real India.
Luckily judging from recent publications and exhibitions this trend is being
reversed and a more holisitic picture of ancient India is emerging.

Harsha V. Dehejia