karko.taka

S Krishna mahadevasiva at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 27 21:24:03 UTC 1999

Narayana Srirangaraja asks:

>The association of dragons with gemstones
>is also an ancient Chinese myth.  As with
>"nAga"s in India, dragons in China are also
>usually associated with water.  I don't know
>whether they got these notions from us or
>vice-versa.  Does anyone else know?

  If I understand correctly,from what I remember of my reading of
Lin Yu-Tang's "Wisdom of China and India", many of the features of dragons
were borrowed from Hindu/Buddhist mythology though dragons seems to be have
been a Chinese creation.

  Wonders do occur! Once in a bluemoon, the Hinduttvavaadis actually have it
right!!!!!

Regards,
KRishna