varna and jati

Swantham swantham at TECHPARK.NET
Fri May 28 18:17:58 UTC 1999

Dear friends,
Please don't think that Keralites are not proud of the Dravidian
heritage.The only difference is that they are not fanatic about it.
Com.E.M.S. Nambudiripad has written a  book in Malayalam- Vedangalute Nad -
in which he has drawn attention to the multiple nature of our hertage.He
has considered the ancient Tamil literature on a par with the Vedic
literature.He has contributed a foreword to my
book-Advaitavedanta,Dialectics and Indian Philosophy- in which he disagrees
with my contention that there is dialectics in Advaitavedanta.He was
against setting up a sanskrit University in the state.
ChattambiSwamikal who was one of the founders of Kerala renaissance  has
written a book -Adibhasha-in which he has tried to establish that
Muladravidam was the Adibhasha from which all other languages
originated.The manuscript of the book was recently found out by me and I
have published it.efforts are going on to translate the book into Tamil.
One cannot also ignore the rich wealth of knowledge enshrined in Sanskrit.
Let us have a universal approach in these days of universal means of
communication, rather than narrow boastings in the name
language,creed,colour,country etc.
Thanks
Dr.K.Maheswaran Nair