Ref. check verse 6.41 Bhagavad Gita

Avinash Sathaye sohum at MS.UKY.EDU
Thu Mar 4 11:12:08 UTC 1999

Harry Spier wrote:

> Belvalkar (1962) in this verse reads "...puNyakRtAM lokAn"
> and notes "puNyakRtAMllokAn" as a variant (M in this case represents
> chandrabindu).
>
> Van Buitenen reads "...puNyakRtaMl lokAn".
>
> Could someone tell me what the B.O.R.I. critical edition reads?

My 1968 reprint of the B.O.R.I. gives
"puNyakRtAMllokAn" as a variant (M in this case represents chandrabindu)

The variation "...puNyakRtAM lokAn" is noted as a variant and there is
another variation
"puNyatamAMllokAn"  (M in this case represents chandrabindu)
also noted. The Van Buitenen is consistent as usual with B.O.R.I., except
for the technical break between the two l's.