SV: SV: Sanskrit translations in Nazi hands

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 11 16:36:51 UTC 1999

<<<
Well this would be the first time then that I have heard that Tamils
had anything similar to a classification approaching the
 Arya-Dravidian division.  However, I wonder it the term "arya"
 here is not referring to meter rather than language.

 Tamil meters are akaval, veNpA, viruttam, tAzicai, cintu, kalittuRai
 and so on. The arya in Appar quotes (2 were provided) does
 not refer to any meter/metrics (Tevaram is not a grammar, you see)

 Tamil literature does not know of any Arya meter.

 Aryan in Tamil denotes IA speakers.

 Regards
 N. Ganesan