SV: SV: Sanskrit translations in Nazi hands

Paul Kekai Manansala kekai at JPS.NET
Mon Jan 11 16:36:57 UTC 1999

Christopher Fernandez wrote:

> Here Ziva is praised as one who became music with Arya, and Tamil".
>
>   As you can see, Saint Appar clearly distinguishes between
>   Tamil and Aryan.

Well this would be the first time then that I have heard that Tamils
had anything similar to a classification approaching the Arya-Dravidian
division.  However, I wonder it the term "arya" here is not referring
to meter rather than language.

Is the sole evidence that Mr. Palaniappan presents that Tamils
classified "Sanskrit and its derivates" (from which I presume he means
Indo-Aryan languages) as "Arya?"

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala