Mount Potalaka in Malaya mountains - forgeries

Petr Mares erpet at COMP.CZ
Wed Feb 10 23:13:19 UTC 1999

Dear Mr. Ganesan

I will try to check about the forgery but first I would like to make sure we are
talking about the same title. I do not know any of the Western translations, so I
would just like to know whether the XuanZangs geography you mention and you
are interested in translated by Beal and Waters is the Da4tang2 xi1yu4ji4,
the only reliable source of information about India in relation to Xuan Zang
that I know about). However only its first 10 fasciculi which never mentions
South India. If this is the book you are interested I will try to find out more
about the forgeries or additions.

Sincerely

Petr Mares

Send reply to:          Indology <<INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK>