Tamas & dyaus?

JR Gardner jgardner at BLUE.WEEG.UIOWA.EDU
Wed Aug 18 14:07:00 UTC 1999

Someone sent me a snippet on some rare astrological phenomenon involving
the planets, moon, and comets which is considered altogether rare occuring
today and y'day, supposedly (as these things often are) with potent
portents- here's a snip from their e-mail (note last 3-5 lines):

The likes of the configuration that will be occurring in August of 1999
has
not been seen in recent times. There was a weaker version of this
configuration on January 11, 1910. This was in cardinal signs and included
7
major planets and 1 of the asteroids. The Grand Cross is part of a
"crossing
over" to a new era or age. It is to be noted that the first air
transportation service, utilizing dirigibles in Germany, was established
on
this date. It is easy to see how the advances in technology transformed
the
world from a horse-and-buggy condition to the high-tech world we live in
now. The Grand Cross coming this next August is much more powerful and
features 9 major planets, the Moon's nodes, Chiron and 2 of the 4
asteroids
in fixed signs. It will take someone with more sophisticated computer
software than I have to research how long it has been since this
configuration was last seen. It will affect everyone and everything. The
Grand Cross can occur in any of 3 modes; cardinal, fixed or mutable. These
correspond to the 3 gunas of the Vedas or rajas, tamas or sattva. This one
is in the tamasic, or fixed signs. These are Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and
Aquarius. The fixed signs have long been recognized as crucial in the
experience of mankind. The Sphinx is a composite of the fixed cross. It
has
the head of a man (Aquarius), the front paws of a lion (Leo), the body and

John Robert Gardner
http://vedavid.org/diss/