Lankavatara sutra

Petr Mares lengqie at GMX.NET
Fri Apr 2 14:54:22 UTC 1999

> I think we are getting close to the place of origin of
 >Lankavatara Sutra.

Dear Sir

I really do not know what you mean

Of course Nan2 would refer to the South. It has no other common meaning in Chinese. And Nan2 Tian1Zhu2 in medieval times when India was called Tian1Zhu2 certainly refered to that place - but how that relates to origin of LaGkAvatAra was my question.

In any case you are citing the text that speaks about period when laGkAvatAra sUtra already existed three or four hundred years even in translations what it has to do with its origin?

Petr Mares, Lengqie Research
Hlavacova 1163,  Prague 8, PSC 182 00, Czech Republic
Fax:420-2-2423-9157, Tel: 420-2-2422-9755
email: lengqie at gmx.net