Indus Script

Raoul Martens raoul at MARTENS.PP.SE
Fri Sep 18 18:50:51 UTC 1998

Lars Martin Fosse wrote:

> I am looking for some information concerning S. R. Rao's decipherment of the Indus script. There is supposed to be a review of his work in the American Journal of Oriental Studies. I would be grateful for bibliographic references to this review, and also to any other reviews and discussions of Rao's books ("Lothal and the Indus Civilization"; "The Decipherment of the Indus Script").<

In addition to "Decipherment of the Indus Script, Bombay 1982", Rao has
later published: "New light on Indus Script and Language, Frontiers of
the Indus Civilization, Indian Archaeological Society, 1984" and "Dawn
and Development of the Indus Civilization, Adita Prakashan, 1991".

For more recent comments to the Indus Script decipherment problem see:
http://www.vedickalidas.home.ml.org

Sincerely Raoul Martens