Info on Nirukta edns needed

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Wed Nov 25 11:53:48 UTC 1998

Dear Ashok,
	I do have the Jivananda Vidyasagara edition of Nirukta.  The first
part, published in 1891 contains DevarAjayajvan's commentary and Durga's
commentary on the first 6 chapters.  I think that the NighaNTu part was
originally Part I, and I assume that the Nirukta chapters were included as
Part II, though they are bound in one volume.  I think this to be the case
because the remaining chapters of Nirukta (uttaraSaTka) are printed as
part III (printed in 1891).  Interestingly, the title page of Part I does
not say that this is a second edition, but the title page of Part III says
so.  There is no title page available for part II in my copy.  I do not
see any mention of Satyavrat Samasrami in these volumes.  They are not
published in a particular series, but are printed in Calcutta in Sarasvati
printing press.
				Madhav Deshpande