Testing devanagari script in e-mail

Charles Poncet carlo at PRAETOR.CH
Sun Nov 1 20:48:46 UTC 1998

Works absolutely fine for me perhaps because I have both sans12.ttf font
and Xdvng installed.
I wish TYPING in Devanagari was that simple because all available
software seems to be unable to recognise that some people do not type on
American or English language keyboards. I use a French keyboard and sure
enough I have to guess where to find the anuswara and the like because
all indications in the manual are wrong !! This is very frustrating
indeed.
If anybody has a bright idea how to solve that problem I will be very
grateful
Charles Poncet

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA wrote:

> This is a test message. All the people who have sans12.ttf font
> installed should be able to see the sloka below in devanagari script.
>
> Ay< inj> praeveit g[na l"ucetsam!,
> %darcirtana< tu vsuxEkk
quMbkm!.